Fabrica is a fully integrated manufacturer of carpet and rugs for the most demanding segments of the high style residential market. Our distinctive broadloom carpet, custom area rugs and hand-tufted rugs have earned Fabrica an international reputation for exquisite style and exceptional performance. Fabrica takes pride in providing friendly, efficient customer service and technical support.
STATE OF THE ART
Since the company’s founding in 1974, Fabrica’s state of the art research and development facilities have consistently produced innovative and diversified products, offered in impeccable color choices. The selection, timeliness, and clarity of color have always been Fabrica’s primary hallmark of quality.
Interior designers are passionate about improving their clients’ lives through style, comfort and concepts that are unique to the individual. Fabrica’s reputation for quality and style comes in part from the unmatched creativity of Fabrica designers, whose sense of craftsmanship and passion for color consistently produce the most innovative carpet and area rugs available.
Fabirca has a passion to be “Best in Class” – blending exquisite style and uncompromising performance in every carpet and rug we produce.
Designing for a Greener Future
Fabrica has instituted an extensive recycling program throughout our facility, diverting tens of thousands of pounds of waste from landfills every year.
- Scrap metal
- Plastic sheeting
- Backed and unbacked carpet waste is bundled for reprocessing into a variety of useful products.
- End-of-lot and waste yarns.
- Obsolete computer equipment is sent to a recycling facility for closed loop recycling. Mechanical separation and not incineration ensures minimal environmental impact by converting electronic waste into useable raw materials.
- Fiber waste from shearing process.
- Manufacturing chemicals are delivered in re-useable containers that are returned to the supplier and reused.
Fabrica partners with the Orange County Water District’s Green Acres Project, a water recycling effort that provides reclaimed or “gray water” for widespread regional landscape irrigation projects, such as schools, parks, golf courses, as well as some industrial uses. Every gallon of reclaimed water Fabrica uses saves a gallon of fresh water for drinking or other purposes. Fabrica makes use of reclaimed water in the carpet manufacturing process, and wastewater is used to cool large pieces of equipment. Continued process improvement and conservation efforts have significantly reduced Fabrica’s annual water consumption.
ENERGY Conservation and Alternative Fuel Sources
Using a combination of conservation techniques and alternative energy sources, Fabrica has successfully lowered energy use levels, while at the same time increasing production capacities.
- Manufacturing equipment has undergone large-scale conversion to cleaner, low NOx (Nitrrogen Oxides) technology.
- Existing dyeing unit was retrofitted to function with less than half the former energy consumption.
- All equipment has been fitted with Variable Frequency Drives to conserve energy.
- The 200,000 sq. ft. roof at Fabrica’s Susan Street facility has been replaced with a Title 24 Cool Roof. By using highly reflective materials, cool roofs stay 50-60º F cooler, thereby lowering energy and maintenance costs, improving occupant comfort levels, and increasing the roof’s life cycle.
- All propane-powered forklifts have been converted to electric.
- T-8 bulbs used in our facility save over an estimated 1/2 million kilowatt hours per year.
- Waste water heat is recovered and re-used in a heat exchange system, reducing energy throughout our dyeing process.
The name Fabrica has become synonymous with carpets since the inception of this spectacular company. More than 30 years ago, Fabrica was founded by a group of individuals who were determined to achieve their goal of producing the most wonderful and beautiful carpets to decorate the homes of people worldwide, and all this for an affordable price. Fabrica carpet prices are among the lowest given the amount of quality these carpets and rugs provide all available at PROSOURCE.